Donnerstag, 22. November 2012

Hyper-V error "IDE/ATAPI Account does not have sufficient privilege to open attachment..."


Hi,

I have Microsoft Hyper-V running on my laptop (Windows 8). After the installation and configuration was a little bit of a pain (getting an internet connection wasn't that easy for me) it works very well.
Unfortunately I did another major mistake. I wanted to use my VM for classes for testing iptables, and still use it afterwards. But instead of making a snapshot, I did what I was used to do on VirtualBox - copied the file. And once I deleted the destroyed VM and copied my file back, I couldn't start the machine any more. The error displayed was:

"IDE/ATAPI Account does not have sufficient privilege to open attachment..."

I've found quite fast an article on MSDN (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2249906/en-us?fr=1) but the fix just didn't work for me. What worked was simply remove the Hard Disc which has the "broken" VHD loaded, create a new Hard Disc and load the VHD there inside. Hyper-V will set all necessary permissions on it's own.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen